Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sophie Tweed Simmons on X-Factor

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a huge Kiss fan. They also know that Gene is my favorite; however this isn't about Kiss or Gene its about Sophie!

I wasn't going to review or say anything about X-Factor because I'm really not into those type of shows. However this morning I was disturbed to see how many people were being catty at Sophie. I think that its great that she wants to try to make a name for herself with out the help of her parents. She does a lot of things that she should be getting credit for but no one pays any attention to it. Such as all the charity work that she does.

I think it was a little said that Demi had to call Sophie out as soon as she said who she was. I'm sure if she could have kept Shannon and Gene away from the audition she would have. She wants the opportunity to step out of the shadow of her famous parents and make a name for herself.

I think that one girl that auditioned didn't need to be so catty just because she didn't see something in Sophie doesn't mean she doesn't have talent or ability. I know a lot of people feel that Sophie should just use her family connection to get her career going. Am I the only one that sees that as a false win for her? If she uses her parents she isn't getting there on her talent alone. It's like cheating on an Algebra test. You got the good grade but you didn't work for it. So I think instead of calling her stupid for doing it her way you should be congratulating her on working for it.

As much as I hate to say it I do agree with Simon. She has a different timber to her voice but it does need some coaching. I don't think they let her through because of who her parents are; but because of her potential. I added the video of her audition so you can judge for yourself.






2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!! That made me like her even more. If Sophie wanted to make an album, her dad could of made that happen!!
    She wanted to do it all on her own. The catty girl that thinks she has it all is jealous and I am ashamed of her and not attracted to people like that. She saw that Gene was Sophie's dad and started making assumptions and judgements.
    She might have a good voice, but her she has no inner beauty! Things appear to look good on the outside, but your true colors shine through very ugly. GOOD FOR SOPHIE!!
    I am already a fan!!
    ~Narly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!! Sophie has an amazing inner beauty that will get her far in life with out help from her parents.

    ReplyDelete