Monday, September 10, 2012

Review of the Classmate Murders by Bob Moats


BN ID: 2940000800409
Publisher: Bob Moats, via Smashwords
Publication date: 12/23/2009
Sold by: SMASHWORDS - EBKS
Format: eBook
Sales rank: 1,463
File size: 522 KB

This book was one I picked up looking for something different to read and I almost didn’t finish reading it when I realized the main character was 60 years old. I know shame on me for judging a book by the age of its main character! It’s a bad habit I am trying to break.

I’m glad I kept reading this book I was presently surprised by this story! It kept me guessing until almost the end; which doesn’t happen often. I normally have the story figured out early on. Plus I tend to nit-pick detective novels because something is always written wrong. With a background in Criminal Investigation it tends to put a damper on enjoying it. I really didn’t have that problem with this book.

This book starts out explaining a little bit about Jim Richards the lead character. He logs on to his computer and discovers an email from his high school sweetheart. In the letters she explains that she heard that he was some sort of investigator and she needs his help! He hasn’t heard from her in over 40 years so he is a bit blown away by her contacting him. He isn’t actually an investigator he is a security guard that was recently laid off. But he is more than willing to try to help her; when he tries to call her the phone is answered by a detective. He called just a little too late to help her; however she is only the first of his former classmates that start getting threatened! Jim tries to discover the link between the girls and tries to save them before it’s too late. Jim also manages to find love in the process!

I really enjoyed this book and even though there was a big of over the hill sex in it; I look forward to reading more books in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment