Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Review of California Schemin’ by Kate George


  • BN ID: 2940011232725
  • Publisher: Kate George, via Smashwords
  • Publication date: 3/7/2011
  • Sold by: SMASHWORDS - EBKS
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 1,434
  • File size: 545 KB

What I didn’t realize when I started reading this book is it’s actually the second book in a series. However it’s one of those series where you can start reading any book and you’re ok because they have their own distinct stories. The only thing is it will reference other stories a little.

This was a great mystery to read. I love the main character Bree. She is so loving and kind but she can scheme and kick butt if needed. In this book while on vacation she has the unfortunate experience of photographing a murder. She doesn’t realize it’s a murder at first when she sees a woman in pink fall from the bridge into the water. When Bree tries to save her she realizes it’s a murder victim. From that point on her world is turned upside down trying live her life and do the right thing.

I like the way the book ended as well leaving a bit of a cliff hanger to let you know there will be another book but also leaving so if you don’t want to read it right away that is alright too. I hate books that leave cliff hangers where you have to read the next book right away. I try to spread the books out I’m reading and not read the same book series one right after another so I can enjoy it longer.

I do plan to get the rest of this series to see what other wild adventures Bree can get herself into. Also what the future holds for her since she seems to be a bit unlucky in love or maybe she just hasn’t found the right one yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment