Friday, September 14, 2012

Review of How Not to Make a Wish by Mindy Klasky


  • BN ID: 2940013361072
  • Publisher: Res Ipsa Press
  • Publication date: 9/28/2011
  • Sold by: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 54,141
  • Series: As You Wish Series , #1
  • File size: 761 KB

To be honest with all of you when I started reading this book I had a hard time getting into it and I was a bit disappointed in the lead character Kira! This didn't make me very happy because I normally get right into Mindy's books and I love them.

I think the problem is it took longer for Kira to start to show her strength and come into her own! In the beginning of  the book she was very self loathing and pretentious!  She wanted to have it all the perfect job, the perfect boyfriend, and the perfect body. However she didn't want to work for it. I was so very glad that her genie Teel felt the need to mix things up for her so it wasn't easy for her. 

I did really like the end of the book! I think it had the ending that it should have and actually saved the entire book in my opinion. Again it's not that it is a bad book it just isn't my favorite by Mindy. I do however plan to finish the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment