Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review of Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris


  • BN ID: 2940011427909
  • Publisher: Milda Harris, via Smashwords
  • Publication date: 6/16/2011
  • Sold by: SMASHWORDS - EBKS
  • Format: eBook
  • Sales rank: 6,039
  • File size: 436 KB

I don’t know what I expected when I picked up this book. I know it was the title that caught my attention and I figured what the heck let’s give it a try.

This book was refreshing in the way it took me back to younger days. By that I mean it is along the lines of a Nancy Drew or Sweet Valley High books that I used to enjoy. I loved the fact that Kait the lead character although she is a professional funeral crasher at 16 she isn’t the stereotypical “Goth” kid. She is just your average run of the mill kid that has been made an outcast by her former BFF!

Kait got into funeral crashing after her mother died a year and a half prior; because she feels a sense of belonging there. That is until she accidently crashes the wrong funeral! The hottest most popular boy in school Ethan’s sisters funeral. He sees Kait and recognizes her from school and wants to know how she knows his sister. Kait took off because she couldn’t think of a good lie figuring that would be the end of it until he shows up at the video store she works at. Ethan wants to know because he thinks his sister was murdered; so he is looking for answers.

They decide to team up after Kait comes clean about funeral crashing with Ethan; leading them on a deadly game of cat and mouse.

If you don’t mind a book that is going to take you back to better or worse times in your life depending on how highschool was for you check this book out. If you know a teen that like to read this is a fun chick lit book for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment