Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Breeze Blanket Pattern By Katie Hanken

One thing I love to do in my spare time is craft! There is nothing more gratifying then creating something from nothing. Now I will be the first one to admit that crocheting isn't something I have even remotely mastered. For the most part all I can manage to do is make backwards chains.

However Katie Hanken of Optimistic By Nature designs this great patterns that even the least talented crocheter would be able to follow some of them. The summer breeze blanket is skill level easy so it is perfect for the beginner like me; even though I have been trying to master crocheting for over 25 years I still have not given up. Thanks to Optimistic By Nature's patterns I don't have to. For those of you that are more skilled Katie makes patterns for every skill level.  It also depends on how adventurous you are. The choices on her Etsy site is endless. Whether you want to make a blanket, a hat, or one of many other wondrous designs she has created. One thing that Katie does ask when you buy her patterns is please do not redistribute or copy; also if you make the items to sell please give her the credit for the pattern. Which if you ask me is only fair.

I'm going to try to make this blanket. I'm hopeful and optimistic that this will be the first thing I am able to create by crocheting. If it works out I will blog about it later on and post photos of it. If you never hear another word about me crocheting even with Katie's wonderful patterns I wasn't able to go the distance with it.

For those of you interested in checking out more great patterns check out Katie's Etsy Store! Also keep checking back this pattern will be offered in a prize pack in a few weeks, with permission from Katie of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment