Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Interview with Author Rose Pressey


Hello Rose. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this interview.

1. When did you know that you wanted to become an author? 

The earliest memory I have of seriously wanting to be an author was about ten years ago. I’ve always had stories in my head though. I remember making up stories when I was a kid.

2. Is there a certain Author that inspired you? 

There are many authors who inspire me. In 2005, I read a book by Mary Kay Andrews. When I finished, I knew I had to give being an author a chance. I wanted to write a book like Mary Kay Andrews. So her book sparked me to work hard and make it happen.

3. When you decided you wanted to write your first novel did you have support from your friends and family? 

I had a lot of support from my family and friends. Probably more support than I deserved.They should have told me how bad my first attempt at writing a novel was instead of telling me the book was great.

4. Do you have a certain location you like to go when you are working on your books to draw inspiration? 

I write a lot in my office, but there are a couple special places I go for inspiration. There’s a huge park near my home. It has a lot of spooky places. Plus, my favorite small town is nearby and there are a lot of historic homes there.

5. Did you always know that you wanted to write paranormal romance books? 

No, I didn’t always know, but combining the two genres seemed natural. I love romance and paranormal.

6. Is there any other style that you would like to write as well? 

I love mystery and that’s a genre I plan on writing more of in the near future.

7. You have a couple book series right now that you are working on. Do you have a favorite series? 

I love all my series. It’s like asking a mother to pick her favorite child. I can’t do it.

8. Your characters are very relatable even if they happen to be a werewolf; do you base your characters on people you know? 

I get inspiration from people around me, but most of the time the characters just show up fully formed in my head.

9. What is next for you? New releases? 

How to Date a Demon will be out in a few weeks. It’s the third book in the Rylie Cruz series.

10. Being an indie author is there anything you want the fans to know such as the best way to support indie authors? 

Being an indie author is tough. Having the support of readers is very important. Leaving reviews and spreading the word is two of the most important things a reader can do to support their favorite indie author.


Again Rose thank you taking the time to do this interview. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Thank you so much for the interview! I had a great time answering the questions.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview Rose! Can't wait to read your latest book, "How to date a demon"! Please keep writing so I can keep reading!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete