Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review of Mark of the Witch by Jessica Gibson


  • BN ID: 2940015177084
  • Publisher: Jessica Gibson
  • Publication date: 5/30/2012
  • Sold by: Barnes & Noble
  • Format: eBook
  • Pages: 192
  • Sales rank: 758,223
  • Series: Boston Witches , #1
  • File size: 139 KB

"Magic flows through Jillian Proctor's veins as surely as blood, but so far her life outside Boston has been peaceful. William Morgan blows into Jilly's life like a hurricane, unleashing her magic and sending her out of control. Unknowingly, William brings an enemy who only wants to posses the power of the witch. Jilly must learn to harness her magic before she loses it - and everything in her life is destroyed."


Mark of the Witch is an intense read! I was drawn in from start to finish. I loved that this book was full of depth. There were also tons of surprises so I wasn't just going through the motions of reading it when I already knew what was going to happen. I also felt this book was very visual; no there isn't any pictures. What I mean it the way Jessica describes the scenes it's so vivid it's almost like you are right there watching it come to life. Her characters also develop and discover more of who they are as the story goes on.  

This is one I defiantly recommend being added to your reading list; some where towards the top! I look forward to reading the second book in this series.




2 comments: