Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review of The Bluapple

The Bluapple is something is put in your fridge to prolong the life of your produce. It has been seen on the Dr.'s. 

The way The Bluapple works is inside the plastic Bluapple is a white paper that works like a filter. The Filter absorbs the Ethylene Gas that the fruit natural gives off. What the Ethylene Gas does it coordinates ripening with the produce, thus speeding up the process making produce rot faster. 

I admit, I was skeptical. I keep thinking how can something as simple as a plastic blue apple with a little filter in it help me save money on my produce. I have had it in my fridge for about 2 and a half weeks. I waited to test it out until I got my new fridge because I wanted a total clean slate to work with. 

I went to the store to buy some produce. We use a lot of produce in my house because not only do we eat it but we also have Bearded Dragons and Iguanas that eat it as well. However there are times that even with everyone eating it, the produce still rots before I can use it all. 

The biggest problem I have is using all the greens for the lizards. Normally I get about half way through and it rots. But with the Blue Apple I was able to extend the life of the greens about a week. I also bought grapes and left some in there just to see they were also extended about 9 days! 

I would defiantly suggest The Bluapple for your fridge! I think it's amazing and I am defiantly going to keep using it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment