Thursday, September 5, 2013

Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove


I know I'm a little behind with checking out Orange is the new Black; since it premiered on July 11,2013. It's a Netflix.com original, so I figured there are some people who don't think they want to invest time in a show that isn't on a cable channel. 

I don't know why I waited this long to start watching it since Netflix had already pulled me in with Hemlock Grove. This show like Hemlock Grove is for mature audiences. If your offended by language, nudity, or sexual content you might want to sit this one out. 

I watched the first three episodes out of thirteen tonight. I figure I will be finished season one by the end of the week. The main character Piper gets one year in prison for being involved in drug smuggling ten years prior. She is an uptight and not cut out for prison. The show flips back and forth between past and present. Not only do you learn about Piper but you start to learn about the rest of the girls and how they got were they are. 

If you don't think a woman's prison show is up your alley because your more the paranormal TV show type. Check out Hemlock Grove. You will have plenty of enjoyment. Gypsy's werewolf's  and other surprises oh my!! You also don't have to worry about getting hooked and having it canceled it has already been picked up for a second season. With True Blood coming to end we will need something to fill the void. What better way to do that then with Eric's real life brother who place Roman on Hemlock Grove! 



No comments:

Post a Comment